Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Many of you know that despite my lack of skill or fancy equipment, I love to take pictures. They may not be gallery quality, but the 16 months of Henry's life has been well documented and our life before that, with the dogs and the pig, can be easily recounted through photography.

I love sending holiday cards and challenge myself each year to create something better. We always get rave reviews on the cards that are created by me and produced by Shutterfly. Our first year in Las Vegas, we did a "Welcome to Las Vegas" theme with our cards, wish friends and family luck in the year to come.



My favorite card of all time was our "Full House" card that we sent out in 2008. The poker theme and faces of 2 humans, 6 dogs and a pig was hit with family and friends. We're known for our crazy house full of four legged creatures and this one really allowed that to show.




This year, our cards are more simple with a sweet photo of our son and his bright, uplifting smile. Less creative, but still something I know will bring joy to all who receive it.

If you haven't ordered your holiday cards yet hop on over and see what you can create on Shutterfly.

But it doesn't stop there ... You can do ANYTHING with your photos at Shutterfly.

I ordered my dad a mug for his stocking, using a great picture of him with his grandson.

My mom's stocking will include a 2011 calendar, each month adorned with a picture of Henry. Who wouldn't want that in her stocking on Christmas morning?

We used my favorite first birthday picture to make these birthday cards for Henry to give to his friends when they turn the big ONE! Are they not the cutest thing you've ever seen?



Don't let those memories sit on a shelf. Put them to exciting use ... a picture's worth 1,000 words, but can create 1,000,000 smiles.

No comments: