Sunday, June 07, 2009

Nesting is hard work

There's a large pile of blue, yellow and white baby clothes to be washed and a large pile of grown up clothes to be stored. Thankfully the baby clothes have been detagged, but after they are washed I am apparently supposed to sort by size and type then determine what else I need! What else ... that pile barely has anything over 3 months in it ... where exactly is he going to need so many outfits??? Sadly, he'll be nekkid by 6 months though, because we've done nothing about that!
The former guest room is now empty(sorry Erin & Zack, Stephanie & Jim) minus the teeny weeny bassinett that sits up against a wall. The crib and changing table arrive Tuesday. However, I can't decide on bedding to save my life ... who needs sheets when you have 5,000 sleepers to choose from right? The fromer TV room is now a temporary guest room, until we can make a decision on what to do for guests (suggestion: The Wynn).



Despite how he looks, I think Simon is starting to get concerned about the noted changes in this house ... he barks when you say "baby" and I'm willing to start taking wager on how long it'll take him to lift his leg on the bassinett ... anyone gonna start the bidding?


My back hurts and I'm exhausted. But nesting was productive. The house is still dirty though, because apparently there is not a fairy to swoop in and vacuum and mop, but at least the big job is done since Steven is leaving me tomorrow to go back to a "real" job! Hopefully my freelancing is picking up with a new assignment that is heading my way ... details to come!!! And trust me, the details are going to be good ... you'll laugh, you'll cry and you'll make way too much fun of me and my new PR adventure!!!

And then there's the decision of what to do about Etta Mae Jones ... it's been a tearful weekend around here. Bless her heart ... she's so old and tries so hard to be happy. She content and does her best to stay out of our way, but her little heart just isn't as big as it appears to be and apparently is working anywhere near as good as it should be. Combined with the Cushings that is causing severe kidney damage, unknown growths all over her body and increasing incontinence, things just don't look good for the little girl who came to live here almost a year ago.




So, thankfully due to summer TV schedules, I don't have to tape my eyelids open to watch Desperate Housewives and Jimmy Kimmel (on oddly early tonight) is lulling me to sleep. A good wife would have her husband's work clothes ironed and ready to go for him, but no one every said Steven married well. I'm going to drink my Sprite (thanks dinner for not staying down, baby bulimia rocks) and go to bed with a safely empty stomach yet again! Bring it on Monday!

And to think ... Stephanie thought a damn triathalon was impressive ... I think not. Try nesting lil' sister and then get back to me!!!

2 comments:

Shelly... said...

That pile of baby clothes looks so cute. If you need any help you know where I am!

Anonymous said...

A GOOD MOTHER WOULD IRON ALL THOSE LITTLE DARLING BABY CLOTHES, I JUST KNOW YOU WILL!