Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday ... Dead Pools, Paint and BBQ

Well, we are almost unpacked and life should go back to normal ... if we know what normal is around here ... I picked paint colors today - for those concerned the guest room will be "lettuce" by Eddie Bauer :) Steve chose Jade Bath for the master ... it actually is really nice.

In my trip to Lowes I decided to embody Martha Stewart and take on the task of "weather crackling" the dresser that is now in the kitchen ... I am so not Martha and that dresser is so not crackled ... I will put another top coat on it and see what happens. I was so motivated to do the desk and the guest room dresser, now, not so much.

Do you see crackling?


I came home from Lowe's to find our trailer park blow-up pool (don't laugh, it comes in handy) was leaking. Apparently my Big Lots bargain was no match for the railroad tie it was resting on ... so armed with a roll of duct tape Steve and I embarked on a VERY unsuccessful patching journey ... sadly, she didn't make it.
For those of you visiting soon, room rates have gone down, as we can no longer offer swimming as an amenity here. The duct tape did make a flood a slow leak, so I suppose it could be a successful attempt.



















So we grilled some burgers ... well charred them (I think a new grill is in order), and Etta Mae cleaned up the grill for us, she's so good at that ...

Pickles lounged ... i.e. he was "makin' bacon" ...

Here is the living room, minus the "wicker basket" paint color that so needs to be applied ... anyone out there up for painting? Oh yeah and that 500 lb mirror needs to be hung ...


Since the loss of the pool, I decided to spend the evening with a refreshing Mojito, so my friends, here is the recipe for the most rewarding cocktail around ...

1 Lime

6+ Sprigs of Mint

1 1/2 - 3 TB of Sugar (depending on taste

1-3 oz of Rum (Depending on Stress level)

Soda

Muddle the juice from the lime, mint, sugar and a splash of soda in a glass. Muddle until you can distinctively smell the mint ... a muddler is best, but the back of a spoon will do. Add your rum and pour over ice (crushed is the best), top with soda water. Garnish with a mint sprig and a lime quarter ... put your feet in your fast fading pool and enjoy the 10% desert humidity and cool night air.


2 comments:

Shelly... said...

Sorry to hear about your pool. That is sad indeed. I will come over to console you and drink your Mojitos. BTW, the new house looks nice!

Nannette, Steve and the creatures said...

Poor baby pool ... but Mojitos do help ... sister is here this weekend ... do you know how to crackle glaze?