Saturday, September 13, 2008

Welcome home Kate Spade ...

We decided to check out the San Gennaro festival ... (aka Italian festival) in Summerlin last night, it was a great deal of fun with so many types of food on a stick ... frozen cheesecake on a stick, fried hot dogs, fried pb&j, italian sausage and peppers ... and Limoncello shots, which Alex was not thrilled with ...

Friends Alex and Shane joined Stephanie, Jim, Steve and me ... we had cocktails (mojitos) and guac at the house while Pickles entertained us with his classical piano playing ...

I made the MOST delish homemade guacamole, thanks to Mary's guidance ... I have now discovered that this, combined with hand muddle Mojitos is the way to Jim's heart, meanwhile his other half picks fun ...




I guess the festival was a good idea ... look at that traffic!!!


Meet Kate Spade, the newest member of our family - despite what others might say, she is not an overpriced fish, nor did I pay off the toothless carnie to get her, dammit i got the ping pong ball in the vase and won my designer fish fair and square! Kate Spade is really a doll, can't wait for you all to meet her.

Stephanie loved the festival, she used phrases such as "Holy Wow" and "I feel like I am going to have fun!" .... However, she was a little overwhelmed by nights end and not enjoying italian-americans as much as she had anticipated when the adventure began.


So we decided to ride the Ferris Wheel, it was a bit high for me, but nonetheless it had a nice strip view and was a fun relaxing carnival treat ... Look at all the people down below noshing on italian delights ... who knew there were so many people off strip ...
After seeing how disgusting I look (thanks Prednisone for the 20lbs weight gain), I decided to spruce my self up with a tatoo ... I was drunk enough to take the pain ... so for those of you that said it would happen 'when pigs fly' ... well theres one flying on my ankle now ... my clearly water retaining, puffy ankle ...

While I got tat'd the crew played some checkers, from the looks of it, it was quite the intense game ... I wonder if Shane is used to Ferrell style competition?

My favorite carnival trash can ...


Alex is so vogue with her 'blind' style sunglasses and tiger like poses ..

Jim, always a good uncle, made sure Kate Spade made it safely to the car!

No comments: